Clan VoJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan VoJ

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Function and Layout of the portal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunset
Grunt
Sunset

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2006-08-18

Function and Layout of the portal Empty
PostSubject: Function and Layout of the portal   Function and Layout of the portal EmptySun 10 Dec - 4:28

Hi
These question refers to the portal, the startpage if u like:

The "letzte neigen", dont know whats that in english, on the left upper corner, which shows u the newest topics is very useful! I think there is a "most important topics"-thread, too, especially for those who are new at the forum, there are really many threads and they are full of information about tactics, news, history, jokes, aso. It would be fair, if the "Most important topics"-thread would have a place at the portal.

What about that epic logo and the epic theme on the portal? Can't there be maybe just the Logo of our Clan (that one of dota-league for example)? Well that epic theme is nice, u can leave it like that (=

And there is something wrong with that translation script: "Sehen ganz das Liste", might consist of german words but it no german sentence, i think as the whole side and all the topics are in english, maybe an only english portal would be nice, too. Btw what is "letzte neigen", neigen is a german word, an old one, but i always thought it was like wishes, or somethig u want?
Back to top Go down
Olannon
VoJ Chieftain
VoJ Chieftain
Olannon

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2006-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Function and Layout of the portal   Function and Layout of the portal EmptyMon 11 Dec - 7:36

I think we should work a bit on our logo and have whatever we end up with as the main banner on this website, too (in the middle that is, the top one is very very good IMO).

I also think the "Important Topics" thread should be linked on the main site instead of the poll which was over ages ago, maybe other important links, too. Keeping it updated.

I was very annoyed when Hiruko installed the norwegian thingy, so I asked him to remove it. If you experience problems with the German one Sunset I suggest we could remove all foreign language innstallations.

My 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Sunset
Grunt
Sunset

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2006-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Function and Layout of the portal   Function and Layout of the portal EmptyWed 13 Dec - 15:25

I like to see that now the hol side is in english (well the mails which i get for new topics on important threads are still in french but nvm)
good work
and well
i got used to that logo on the portal, if it is too much buisness leave it like that (it is better then the sterile look of dota-allstars.com or dce.com or whatever)
(=
Sunset
Back to top Go down
Olannon
VoJ Chieftain
VoJ Chieftain
Olannon

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2006-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Function and Layout of the portal   Function and Layout of the portal EmptySun 31 Dec - 11:08

Happy New Year everyone!

About the portal:

Check our clan logo here: http://www.dota-league.com/?section=show_clan&id=1360

I suggest we remove the stupid little dots over the letters, and remake the letters in some cool script (maybe make them bigger too) and change the colour to some contrasting colour, eg: orange, red (shiny-ish).

This could in turn also be our main, middle banner on this website Smile

Thoughts? Anyone willing to work on/with this? (of course, making an entirely new banner and make it look similar would suit the same purpose).

Again, happy new year people Smile

~Olannon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Function and Layout of the portal   Function and Layout of the portal Empty

Back to top Go down

Function and Layout of the portal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan VoJ :: Defense of the Ancients - Tactical forums :: FAQs & New Versions-
Jump to: